Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Quick assessment and future projects

It's already been 4 months since I started this blog and I thought this was the perfect time to make a quick assessment.

I'm quite satisfied with the number of views I get for each review, and they're getting better with time. As for popularity, reviews in Japanese are by far the most popular ones. And it isn't surprising since more than half of this blog's traffic comes from Japan... Of course I'm always happy that more and more people read what I write. However, the main aim of this blog is to introduce web comics that can be understood by people learning Japanese. That's why I feel that I'm missing my target audience, which is non-Japanese people.

And so for the above reasons I've decided to start a Twitter account (@MellePeonine) to get a bit more exposure for this blog, and to be able to follow more easily updates for the web comics I'm reading. That way I'll also be able to recommend web mangas without doing a formal review.

Now let's get to the projects.

The keyword when I write for this blog is "variety". I try to offer web mangas of various genres, styles and language levels in my reviews. And I realized that the beginner level is clearly lacking. So right now I'm exploring web comics aimed at children in order to write a special selection for beginners in July.

I'm also thinking about doing thematic selections or comparative reviews (I have a Horimiya vs Yûnagisô e Yôkoso review in stock for the end of July). 

No comments:

Post a Comment